Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sleeping Legs, Sitting Up, and Entitlement

Earlier, Matthew and I sat outside on the grass with my mother-in-law.
Mathew also sat there, all on his own.
He still timbers after a while, but he is getting close to being left alone while sitting.
Big kid, is what I have to say to that. 

Also, check out these sleeping legs. 
I cannot even handle it. 


Entitlement. That is my next thought. When we were on the world race we learned that we entitle ourselves to so much such as air conditioning, not waiting in line, having a computer, having a home, having a variety of food. Well, yesterday I watched three young children all by myself and learned that I am not even entitled to go to the bathroom when I want to. HOLY COW people, respect parents and don't complain when kids are crying in public or on planes or anywhere. It is harder on the mom and dad. PARENTS WORK SO HARD. I seriously had to wait till the most calm time to pee and I still had to take Matthew in with me so that my nephew wouldn't step on him or my niece try to pull out his nose. So wild is life with children. I remember one time my sister wanted me to stay a little longer just so she could shave her legs. Wow. Gotta love those little blessings.

I am also reminded of this verse today as I find myself a bit whiny.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is the will in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment: