Monday, January 30, 2012

A little Bit of This and That

* Matthew is loving when Mike and I kiss. If we are holding him he pushes our faces together to make us kiss. He is also loving to play peek-a-boo. But he is the one that hides and pops out. He did it to the lady behind us in church. I could hear everyone in the row behind us cracking up during the message while he ducked below the chair and jumped up to squeal. Kids sure have the joy of the Lord.

* Mike is the best husband EVER! For lots of reasons. But today I slept in till about 9 while he took care of Matthew and cleaned the house and did the laundry. Ah! Love him. I needed it since Matthew's teething has me up a bit more at night.

* I cant stop reading. Just in the daytime, I have been reading 2-3 hours. So basically the amount he naps during the day. So each nap I am on the couch with my tea and a book. That doesnt count how much I get done after he goes to bed at 6:45.  Im a binge reader and right now Im on a kick.

* Oh Matthew. I love him more and more each day. I didn't want to put him down for bed tonight. I just held him and sang to him and wanted to hold his little hand forever. But once he pushed me away and lunged to the crib, I let go, walking out not even believing the little child I get to take care of. I couldn't ask God for anything more. He as done beyond what I could ask or imagine. As I held my guys close today and prayed over them and thanked God for them, I couldn't think of anything to ask God for. All I could do was say words of thanksgiving. As I looked at my life, I thought of how it may look from the outside. Small, one income home. In a house we don't even own. I do dishes and laundry and have a routine. yes. a routine. But how can such a small, simple life carry so much joy? I don't know. But it does. From outside eyes we must be boring. But inside our family of three, we know, we know that our joy overflows.

* I read some old posts I wrote back when Matthew was an infant. No doubt I had postpartum. So glad that is all over.

*also, I really think that matthews favorite thing to do is wrap his arms around me, put his head on my shoulder and just rest there while i dance to music. i really think we went 45 minutes yesterday and I had to put him down because I was getting tired. I love it. The second I am holding him and turn on music he is snuggled up to me and ready to enjoy our moment. I LOVE IT!

* So the rest of this week is full of fun plans. Matthew is going to have his first friend stay the night at the end of the week. Cant wait. And we are hoping to get some outside time if the weather warms up a bit.

Here are some great pictures. Oh, Matthew just watching his dad clear out some snow. Boy do they love each other. It also gave me a half an hour to make dinner.






And this song. Oh My! Of all the moments I have in worshiping with other believers, when we sing this song together I can never hold it in. I just love singing this song with many other believers. I love songs of victory. It is about a minute in till it really gets going!



No comments:

Post a Comment