Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Freestyle Dance Challange

OK! So I have been meaning to write this post for the past six months. And I was just reminded by it when I found this napkin a few days ago.


Yes. This is a list of exercises. It had to be about 6 months ago that my post pardum was really getting to me and I knew I just needed to exercise but I was home alone and Matthew was sleeping and I just couldn't leave to go for a run. Exercising inside is so hard for me so I called up my sister and her husband to give me a list of exercises to do which seemed to motivate me. Well my brother-in-law tossed in near the middle of the list "3min of freestyle dancing." UMMM? OK? Like with no music? Yes. No music. Just freestyle dance. Well, ok then. I laughed and didn't know what was about to happen.

First of all. If you are not a big dancer but like to dance, you probably do OK at a wedding with music and subconsciously you probably copy other dancers moves. That is me. Well, when I got to my 3 minutes of freestyle dance, lets just say it was pretty awkward at first. I didnt have a beat in my head and I didnt know how to dance. But after about 30 seconds of not thinking, I just let it go. OHMYGOSH! Can I just say, FREEDOM! Ok, so after about 30 seconds I decided to just go all out. All of a sudden I found MY pure dance style. No music or other dancers to influence how my body was meant to dance by how I was feeling. At first I was like, ok, so Im glad no one is seeing this, and then I started to crack up. I was dancing and hysterically laughing at the same time at how amazing and silly this was. So I challenge you to find your own moves. And I think you find it alone and in silence with maybe your own laughter added in. It was one of the most liberating feelings in my life. REALLY WAS! hehehe. I feel so awesome I just admitted this, but I want everyone to experience it. Plus, it really was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment