Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Holy Power

Well, I just read Psalm 18. Dang, satan, you try to mess with me, you gotta face God's power and Holy Anger. Dang, This is The God I want on my side.

This is only a section of the Psalm. It is all just as good though.

Psalm 18:3-19

3I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
   and I am saved from my enemies. 4 The cords of death encompassed me;
    the torrents of destruction assailed me;[a]
5 the cords of Sheol entangled me;
   the snares of death confronted me.
 6 In my distress I called upon the LORD;
   to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
   and my cry to him reached his ears.
 7Then the earth reeled and rocked;
   the foundations also of the mountains trembled
   and quaked, because he was angry.
8Smoke went up from his nostrils,[b]
   and devouring fire from his mouth;
   glowing coals flamed forth from him.
9He bowed the heavens and came down;
    thick darkness was under his feet.
10He rode on a cherub and flew;
   he came swiftly on the wings of the wind.
11He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him,
   thick clouds dark with water.
12Out of the brightness before him
    hailstones and coals of fire broke through his clouds.
 13The LORD also thundered in the heavens,
   and the Most High uttered his voice,
   hailstones and coals of fire.
14And he sent out his arrows and scattered them;
   he flashed forth lightnings and routed them.
15Then the channels of the sea were seen,
   and the foundations of the world were laid bare
at your rebuke, O LORD,
   at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.
 16He sent from on high, he took me;
   he drew me out of many waters.
17He rescued me from my strong enemy
   and from those who hated me,
   for they were too mighty for me.
18They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
   but the LORD was my support.
19He brought me out into a broad place;
   he rescued me, because he delighted in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment