Sunday, February 24, 2013

Family

I won't go into the exhausting, hilarious, and frustrating details, but I was at my parents the last four days and on this last day Matthew woke up at 4:15am and wouldn't go back to sleep. but when ben woke up at 5:45am to nurse he was unable to go back to sleep because of Matthew and I quickly stuck those kids in the car for a very early morning road trip back home with the magical help of their Grandma Bickel. I had 10 minutes of freakout in that time and slowly decided to tell myself, "we are family". this stuff will happen. we wake each other up and we go through it together. so i got in the car and turned on worship music. the first line of one of the songs was "Dear Jesus Christ my sanity".   I was laughing so hard. I wondered where my sanity went, and there he was. Jesus. and coffee. Thank you Jesus and coffee for my sanity so early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment