Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Proof

Here is proof, we just got back from out of town a few days ago, I have been starting my new job which has been longer days due to orientations, my brother in-law is in the hospital and my sister is home from LA. And the funny thing is, this doesn't even bother me one bit.

What does bother me just a tad, is how much change this is for me to even just add a few hours of work in, even when Mike is home with Matthew. It is totally not bad, but Mike and I basically gave high fives and a quick kiss the second he got home from work as I got in my car to leave for work. We NEVER go a day without seeing each other hardly at all. I got home late tonight and I just had to hug my husband forever. I just missed him so much. It is an interesting transition being back and work and feeling super motivated with my career again. I don't want to work much at all, but I feel very much like before I had a family since it was the job I had right of college. I want to challenge myself and become much better at what I do, and in the process I feel like I am living split lives. I know this must be normal after being home with Matthew ALL the time to even going working a few afternoons, but it sure is strange. I haven't quite figured out yet how to not box it all and still realize I am living one life and not two. As my husband pouts off to bed because I can't come with him because I need to review some stuff for a health care class I have to take tomorrow, I'm feeling a bit split. It is good, just not used to it yet. I love my job a lot a lot a lot, but I love my family way much more and I have to realize its OK to love both at the same time. But Im still thankful to be a stay at home mommy for a huge part of the time and that is what I hope to be for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment