Saturday, August 18, 2012

Brothers

So we just found out that we are having a BOY! WOOOHOOO! There are going to be brothers in our home. I was equally ready for either, but now that I know, I am fully in.  My heart is busting out like crazy to meet this next little boy. I sure LOVE being surprised about the gender before the birth. It has been SO much fun knowing for part of my pregnancy. Seriously, I am pretty proud of all those who wait, but this is crazy fun to us and extremely exciting. Knowing, makes it feel like Christmas every day, but better. I am smitten with his ultrasound picture. He is so cute and perfect for us. I kinda felt all along that this was God's plan for us. I only ever had dreams while I am sleeping about having boys. I don't know if that means anything, but it is what it is. And I am just saying, I am happy God is giving boys to a dad like Michael. Boys need dads like him to grow up secure knowing they are loved . Mike is strong and very affectionate. I'm serious God, you can fill this house with boys. I'm thankful neither of us was hoping for a certain gender. It made finding out way less stressful. We don't need a boy AND a girl to feel complete in our family. My parents had four girls and as my dad would say, "I never wish I had a son. God knew that I would be a good dad for four daughters." I love that so much. I feel so thankful God's plan for us is what is happening. Its an overwhelming amount of joy - I kinda can't sleep great because it is all I think about. =) =)

Speaking of boys. My husband is my #1 guy in this house but my little Matthew is just making my heart explode with love all the time. He could be mid tantrum or I could be teaching him a little lesson, and he still makes me think he is the cutest thing in the world. I don't know how he does it. He is pretty sly like that. I'm telling you, the kid is good. And now I am going to have two little boy brothers just driving me crazy in love. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Denise! I hope God does fill your house with children. And I love what you shared about what your dad said, and how you guys don't 'need' anything to be complete. You are content in God's will. Love it.

    ReplyDelete