Wednesday, August 29, 2012

But What I Do Have

I was just telling my sister how much Mike and I love to help people out financially. We love giving money to help people out, because we know what it is like to be helped out in that way, and it feels so good. This isn't to sound all great, but some people love making dinners for people, or babysitting for free, or any other type of service. But we really love being able to get people out of a little financial stress. Well, that has not been super easy for us since the race. A few Sundays ago I was asking God why we just can't have the means to serve in that way right now. And of course, a few minutes later, the pastor shares the story about when Peter and John came across a crippled man who was begging for money, and this is what they said.  

But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”     Aha. and the man was healed!

Well heck! I mean. I will always have the power of Jesus in me to give to others! Pretty great to remember that! Love My God!

No comments:

Post a Comment