Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rooted Love

The other night I was in bed, trying to sleep, and all I could think about was what happened in CT and then my mind went crazy. I mean, I was there crying just thinking about losing a child. If my heart could hurt that bad just imagining it, I couldn't even fathom how I would care about living on if it actually happened. Then I just thought of all those families that actually did lose their children, and who do every day. I felt little comfort, and frankly, I just needed a miracle from God to show me that he is stronger and bigger than all this death and tragedy  THEN, I saw this man give a speech, the day after his daughter was killed in the shootings. I was completely humbled. The words and love coming out of this man are literally impossible on a human level. ONLY by the deep rooted love of God could he do this. I have seen miracles. I have seen the lame walk, broken bones healed on the spot, scoliosis corrected beneath my hand with just a word of prayer, but THIS, THIS, is more than a miracle to me. This mans roots are deep and he just let God do supernatural things through him. Please listen to him speak. While anger is such a normal emotion right now, and not bad to have. Love is what will overcome evil. It's the only way.


No comments:

Post a Comment