Thursday, April 26, 2012

Matthew's Dad

I could not ask for a better father for my son. I few things I just love about my husband when it comes to fathering Matthew......

1. He gives him LOTS of affection. Tons of hugs and kisses and cuddles. Just tons. This is HUGE for me. In our society boys are typically left high and dry when it comes to appropriate physical touch from their fathers and they are starving for it. It is vital to their masculine security as boys, young men, and men. I am so thankful that Matthew is getting this from his dad. It is such an important way for Michael to show that he loves and accepts our son and his boyhood. =)

2. "Matthew, it's OK if you cry. It won't take away from your masculinity." THANK YOU husband. THANK YOU. The last thing I want is for our kids have to bottle up their emotions and then have it come out in unhealthy ways later on in life. Plus, isn't the home suppose to be the safe place to let things like that out, especially as they get older? Michael sure is making home a safe place for Matthew already.

I wouldn't pick any other dad for my son.

1 comment:

  1. you guys are so great together, I'm happy Matthew has such wonderful parents too! God bless your family :)

    ReplyDelete